now is david lama:

about the bolts:

In regard to Cerro Torre, which is a very specific case, I think all climbers agree that the compressor route was a big mistake. Despite that fact, I'm of the opinion that it should have been left in place as part of the mountains history and a symbol of human hubris for the next generations to learn from. For the status quo, it neither exists nor was it removed in its entirety.

and about his mistake:

there are quite a few first ascents that I'm proud of. But if I had to choose one it would probably be the first free ascent of Cerro Torre's southeast ridge, as I failed multiple times before I finally succeeded earlier this year. Furthermore I was confronted with a lot of critique due to mistakes that were made in course of producing a film on my first attempt, which made me reevaluate a lot of different things. I went through hell and back before I was able to realize my dream. For no other project so far have I had to grow as much, not just as a climber.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário